It really is absurd that you can be charged to get your own money. It is even more absurd considering it is 2017 and that’s still a fee people are forced to face. Find a bank that will allow you to easily search for fee-free ATMs so you can spend that money on something for yourself. Convenience definitely costs us, and it is estimated that the average ATM fee is over $4.50. This isn’t a ton of money, but enough of these fees can leave you searching your wallet. Here are six things you can get for the cost of an ATM fee.
Things You Can Buy for the Cost of Your Average ATM Fee
- Wendy’s 4 for $4 meal: You can have lunch for less than the cost of an ATM fee? Yeah, and it’s delicious.
- Basic Baby Care Items: First-time parents rejoice, you can use that extra money from the ATM you no longer have, to make sure your kid is stylin’ and booger free. For $3.59 you can get this whole kit and have a buck left over for a rainy day.
- A copy of Wuthering Heights: This literary classic will bring you back to your high school days with each page turn. Additional points for it being a physical copy and not a Kindle version.
- Grande White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks: My favorite drink from Starbucks, this is something I don’t mind spending $4.50 on. How is an ATM fee going to warm you up on a cold winter day? By making your blood boil with anger. I’ll take the drink.
- Two and a Half Dog Playing Card Posters: This classic poster could be hung in virtually in room in your house, and is a tremendous talking point for your next dinner party. The best part of this deal is that you can get two and a half posters for the price of one ATM fee. This actually sounds too good to be true.
- Mint Candle: Sit back and relax with your copy of Wuthering Heights and light a eucalyptus mint candle you bought for $3.99, knowing your money is going toward “Treat Yo-Self” items.